Here it is, a dual release of Spectrum Protect 8.1.6 and Spectrum Protect Plus 10.1.2.
There are oodles of new features, the details of which you can find at the following links:
I’ll just list a few of the new features that are of interest to me:
- Tiering of inactive data to Object storage, with granular age/exception rules
- Ransomware detection has been beefed up and now covers virtual machines as well as physical machines
Spectrum Protect Plus:
- New GUI, much better drill down to data from GUI elements, etc.
- DB2 is now supported for data protection and reuse, physical and virtual
- Encryption at rest in vSNAP
You can download a free 30 day trial of Spectrum Protect Plus from the IBM web site, it installs for PoC use cases in under 15mins, dive in, have a go: